Sunday, August 3, 2014

Fuzzy Avenger

My latest new project on Github is Fuzzy Avenger.
https://github.com/daveayan/fuzzy-avenger


Why was this created?

This project started off as a learning exercise. This weekend I wanted to learn Akka with Java. In the process I created this github project to capture my learnings. The folders one - five in here is where that learning was captured. As I did that I realized a simple utility can be created that can be used with any traditional java code - specially unit tests or just for curious minds. This utility will process a list, apply a long running function (like making service calls) to each element in the list, capture results, aggregate them and will return the results. The results will be returned in the order - one for each element in the input list. Thus, this utility was created.

Why would I use this?

I would recommend not to use this in production code, yet.
Use this utility in your unit tests to exercise parallel processing / concurrency. For curious minds - to try out some instrumentation on your services For learning To provide me some feedback, if this is interesting, helpful and what updates can be made

No comments:

Post a Comment