Thursday, September 17, 2009

B2B - Back to Basics Series

I have conducted a dozen or more interviews now in my career so far for different roles on projects - Developer, Sr. Developer and Team Lead. I make it a point to ask about OOAD and Design patterns in all these interviews. However in many cases than I would have expected the candidate was not able to explain the a OOAD principle (like SRP, DRY etc) or design pattern. I think understanding of these core concepts is much more important than the knowledge every API.

I am going to start writing this B2B series here on my blog. In this series I will write about the fundamentals, basics of Computer Science, Software Engineering, OOAD etc that we learned many years back in school and still use in our professional life. However lot of times we forget lot of these things while dealing with the day to day work. Hopefully someone other than me finds this helpful

Happy Coding !

No comments:

Post a Comment